Read more about our camp here!
Day #3 Set List
- Warm-Up: Jazz warm-up and across the floor progressions
- Class Time: Jazz class – learn dance #3
- Craft Time: Microphones, Picture Frames, Stars
- Class Time: Tap class – learn dance #3
- Fun Time: Alphadance
Main Craft: Glittered Microphone Heads
Supplies Needed: Styrofoam balls, glue, paintbrushes, glitter, hot glue, painted tube from Day 2
1) Apply glue to styrofoam balls with paintbrushes (we put the balls on a fork to make “glitterizing” easier).
2) Dip in glitter and repeat until covered. Set aside to dry.
3) *Teacher Step* Hot glue glittered styrofoam to painted tube (from yesterday’s step).
|Microphones and guitar necks drying.
Our forks wouldn’t fit in the small tubes so we let them
dry in the guitar necks.
Craft #2: Picture Frames
Supplies: foam sheets, foam stickers, hot glue, photos
Teacher prep: cut a 3.5″ x 5.5″ hole in the middle of a foam sheet. Hot glue the top and bottom of the sheet to a full sheet to make a frame. We let the kids pick the colors, but you could just match up colors if you wanted to. Make sure when hot gluing to leave enough space to slip a photo in.
Then let the students decorate however they choose! We used foam stickers, but you could use paint, markers, glitter or anything else you can think up.
Once they’re done decorating, pop a picture in and you’re done!
Craft #3: Dressing Room Door Star
Supplies: Foam Stars, glitter paint, paintbrushes
Every rock star needs a dressing room sign, so we made ours with glitter glue!
Fun Activity: Alpha-Dance