A look back at all of the songs I used for choreography this past year. This post is more or less for my own archival purposes, but maybe someone will find something new too!
Want more? Check out 2012 and 2011‘s lists.
- Come Fly With Me – Michael Bublé: brother/sister duet
- Lucky Strike – Maroon 5: senior duet
- Say – John Mayer: senior small group
- Dance With Me Tonight – Olly Murs – senior large group
- Cheek to Cheek – Jane Monheit: senior solo
- I Got Rhythm – Nikki Yanofsky: teen solo
- The Music Box: teen duet, mixed two songs – Music Box by Regina Spektor & a techno version of Habanera (the song that plays in the beginning of the Regina Spektor version)
- Sinking Feeling – Roisin Murphy: senior duet
- Suzy – mixed two songs – Suzy & Dragons by Caravan Palace: junior large group
- Nothing Gets Better Than This – Max Schneider: junior large group
MODERN / CONTEMPORARY / BALLET
- Us – Regina Spektor: junior large group modern
- How – Regina Spektor: senior large group contemporary
- I’m In Here (Acoustic Version) – Sia: contemporary teen solo
- Hi – Psapp: senior small group modern
- Home – Philip Phillips: junior small group modern
- We Bought A Zoo – Jonsi: junior large group ballet
- Waiting Outside The Lines – Greyson Chance: teen large group lyrical
- Pose – A.N.T. Farm: tap dance ages 6-8
- Think – Aretha Franklin: jazz dance ages 6-8
- T-R-O-U-B-L-E – Travis Tritt: tap dance ages 7-10
- Nutcracker – I combined two songs from the Nutcracker and called it “Nutcracker Sweets”: ballet dance ages 5-6
- Die Puppenfee (The Fairy Doll): XVII. No. 16 Ballabileh (called this the “Dance of the Dolls”): ballet dance ages 6-8
- Mean Girls – Sugarland: large group, ages 10-12
Apparently this was the year of Regina Spektor and combining songs! Oh well, onto the next year 🙂
What was your favorite music you choreographed or danced to this year?
All songs open in iTunes, Dance Buzz is an iTunes affiliate.