I can't believe that our studio's opening day is less than four weeks away! Our last summer intensive starts this Monday and then we have a break before starting up in September.
This is a list of what I do to market my studio, including the failed ad attempts – hopefully it will help someone!
FREE – The best advertising is free in my opinion!
- Internet Presence: Make sure your studio shows up when you search "dance near ZIP CODE" on Google! Update or add your studio to Google Places, Bing, Yahoo, etc. Check out this post for a way to see if your business is visible.
- Facebook: If you don't have a Facebook page yet, get one! Post on your studio's facebook wall at least once a week if not multiple times. For extra credit, mix up your posts between photos, videos and regular "Classes start soon – not too late to register!"
- Twitter: If you have a large Twitter following, that may be the way to go.
- Email: Keep an email list of everyone who has ever asked for information for classes. Send email blasts once a month or so.
- Demo Classes: Offer free demonstration classes and see if you can get them listed in local community calendars or websites.
Continued after the jump…
Read more »