To all my N. American studio owners and dance teachers… are you ready for recital yet? At my studio, the recital is four weeks away! Some of my dances are ready, others… ehhh it will be interesting to see how they pull together.
How do you stay organized for the big day?
Here is my quick list for what I prepare as a teacher:
- I type up all of my baby dances to have them on hand. Why is it that the simplest dances are the easiest to forget?
- A list of all of my students for each class as well as their line-up if they are too young to remember where they stand.
- My ‘backstage kit’: filled with bobby pins, safety pins, shout wipes, band-aids, extra makeup and a little sewing kit
- Extra props, headpieces, tights and accessories
- Gifts for my assistant teachers
- A comfortable outfit for setting up and then a dress to change into for the show
- A back up CD of my music
- Snacks and lots of water (and usually a large coffee in the morning)
- My camera!
I am sure I am forgetting some things…
What do you pack when getting ready for recital day?